Log splitting is a pink job….

 in this household at any rate.  It may be that log stacking is a blue job and therefore there is a rare kit management delegation for this particular task.  I get confused.  Still one load is split, transported and stacked at home.







If we can get another 4 or 5 done then we may well have broken the back of the woodpile at the MiL’s.  I don’t fancy our chances.  One tomorrow, one Monday, both fully stacked at home is a definite possibility.  S is back at work Tuesday which will result in a significant slow down.  Am not keen on spending New Year’s Day log splitting, not least, as I am due in the office on Friday 2 January 2026 so wheels will be rolling by 6am.  We also have loose plans for friends coming round.  Still if I can get a slightly disordered pile under a tarpaulin at the MiL’s Tuesday and Wednesday then, hopefully, we can get them home and stacked over the weekend.  3 loads split may, therefore, be the realistic target before the fearsome machine goes back to the hire company on 2 January.








There will still be much to do.  Storms at the start of the year saw a few trees come down at the MiL’s and after tree surgeons got them on the ground safely, S with the MiL’s gardener spent a week getting them logged and under tarpaulins.  We had a long weekend of log splitting in early summer we didn’t really make that much by way of inroads hence this inter Christmas/New Year push.   I fear there will be a silver tarpaulin heap at the side of the MiL’s lawn well into 2026!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When others pass stress along, the answer is the vegetable garden

Sometimes life throws a curve ball

Senior Railcard, Twilight Bag Drop, Wetherspoons for Breakfast and Ben’s Buses