RHS Sandringham Flower Show and other stuff


Sunday saw us taking my parents to the RHS show at Sandringham.  The show gardens were a lot smaller than RHS Chelsea (think RHS Chatsworth) but it was easier to see things and the ticket price was more manageable!





This was, I understand, the first time the RHS has done a show from Sandringham and at a little over an hour away from us it was a no brainer for a trip out.  It was well worth it as can be seen from the few random photographs posted.  I didn’t buy anything but have come away with a wish list of plants, top of which is hydrangea paniculata though that has been floating around for a while now.






Saturday, I met with a couple of friends I have known since we were teenagers (and a bit before) which was absolutely lovely though I think our conversation differs somewhat now from when we were 16.  I certainly don’t remember instructions to tradesmen featuring quite so large as a teenager.  


I gifted (some might say dumped) strawberry jam, marrow and ginger jam, gooseberry and lemon curd, pear and walnut chutney and a very large punnet of blackberries on one of them - the other is currently living in a renovation project so possibly not ideal.  


She was staying with her sister.  I understand she still has the gooseberry and lemon curd and the blackberries.  The rest her niece has purloined for student/holiday job digs.  All I can say is “does she want some more?”.  The way things are going I could probably keep half her course in sugar fix.  I’m sure the lecturers would love me!


I then decided to go down to the container and collect an occasional table I have always liked, to replace a nest of tables that I like rather less but which have been given house room for the best part of 2 decades because, in theory, a nest of tables is a more practical option.  In practice we tend to use the floor in preference to getting the tables out.  We are slobs, what more can I say?   The nest of tables is now on eBay and has a bid which, even if not that big, does mean it will be on its way out of the house come next weekend and we will have something towards a gas BBQ for the motorhome.  Result!


Beyond that, I watered the veg garden and pots, with a watering can!  I sense this may be a recurring feature for the next few weekends.  It takes an age!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When others pass stress along, the answer is the vegetable garden

Sometimes life throws a curve ball

Senior Railcard, Twilight Bag Drop, Wetherspoons for Breakfast and Ben’s Buses