Boats and Sunsets
We managed to make it over to Rutland Water to check on the GP14, (one of them, the other is in the MiL’s garage). The grass around it was duly neatened up, everything seemed ok so we went and had a cup of tea on the club house balcony and watched the boats out on the water with clearly more active crew than us.
We have not managed to sail either boat this year. Must try harder! If we do not pull our fingers out and get sailing next year we really will need to be asking ourselves whether we should remove the boat from the sailing club and do something else with the fees. It’s a very expensive way to get a relatively cheap cup of tea with a view.
Discussion at the neighbouring table was about the strategic timing of one’s flu jab so you get the maximum benefit out of the 3 months decent immunity it provides. I can only assume that these were people the NHS has determined the great British taxpayer will fund a flu jab for and they socialise with the village GP over Bridge. Given the difficulty I have faced getting them over the last few years, despite debit card in hand, I just aim to get it in the hope that it will protect me when I am exposed to it early on which might then bump up some further immunity for the later winter months. M
I have no idea whether my particular theory holds water but I’m sticking with it if only because the best I can manage is to find a pharmacy who is prepared to sell me one at a time to suit their supply chain.
The observant will note that my grumpy mood continues but I am willing to concede that there have been some amazing sunsets this last week.



Comments
Post a Comment