Health MoTs, Vehicle MoTs, potential sales and cleaning
Friday I had the Dentist (all good), S ended up with the full gamut of medical generalists - GP, Optician, Dentist and Pharmacist. Not ideal but everything heading in the right direction. Having experienced flawless service and upsale service - S needs a small filling and a descale, which has been booked in on Monday, at a private rate option. As I said she can up sell, our Dentist! We then witnessed a conversation between the receptionist and other surgery patients. Coming from a point where we had started the day with no idea as to whether S could make the long standing (6 months) dental check up due to the sudden GP appointment (I was ready for a fulsome apology, begging a new appointment and clutching my credit card) we both found ourselves firmly on the side of the receptionist. Rocking up over 1/2 an hour plus late without any notification and expecting (actually, demanding) to be seen in the face of a full list in an NHS dental surgery is (let’s say, possibly,) a little unrealistic.
On Saturday both the Transit (Gary) and my Alfa Brera (Barrie) were in for their MoTs. For historic reasons we take all our vehicles save motorbikes and the motorhome, when we get it, to the same garage. They no longer do motorbikes and the motorhome will need to go somewhere that does larger vehicles but we like to deal with those we know and trust wherever we can.
We had one at 9am and one at 10am which meant an extended breakfast/early brunch in the local Cafe. A couple of mugs of tea and a ham and cheese omelette is not the worst way to start a Saturday.
Both passed though one had some advisories which S is already on to.
The owner was wondering whether he was getting grumpier as he was getting older. Very possibly, I certainly am, though given someone had brought their car in 1.5 hours later than it had been booked for and simply said they had been busy I think a degree of grumpiness was reasonable.
I saw my parents on Saturday and we both saw the MiL today. The garden was ignored beyond picking for meals (tonight’s garden contribution to our 5 a day featured above) and watering. I took a layer of gruft off the house but I can’t say it is as clean as I would like. Bathroom is looking hugely improved and a number of spiders have been rather rudely evicted but it needs elbow grease and some serious cleaning products. I just have not been around enough. Not for the first time I toyed with getting a cleaner but that brings other issues which I just can’t face right now.
I had a ‘to do’ list going into the weekend. I knew it was unrealistic. I wouldn’t say it was a total fail but the successes were only around 10%. Let’s call it a work in progress.
On the plus side the eBay auction for the motorbike (remember my and S’s joint agreed to do list for the year?) finishes tomorrow, it does have some bids and a guy came round yesterday to view it and seems keen. All in all that looks like it will be ticked off the list soonish. This is good on a number of fronts - something we no longer use gone, no longer a block to the view of a flower bed that has/had earlier this year beautiful peonies and now has dahlias, a little dosh to swell the coffers which given the motorhome expenditure, a few things needed for it and a bit of TLC for the Vespa which we want, in the garage of the motorhome, to get out and about. It was, unfortunately, in the MiL’s double garage when she managed to drive her EV through the central brick pillar. Every little helps!
On the subject of other stuff moving out I have had a total fail of a weekend. Nothing I have listed on eBay is shifting. Fair enough, I don’t want my junk so why would anyone else? More to the point, however, my mother gave me four books (a series) which she has recently re read and has announced she will not read again. That’s four more items coming into the house. At this rate I will need the motorhome as a (further) storage space. This was not the plan.
As is commonplace around here it has been a mixed weekend and next weekend is a really busy one!

Comments
Post a Comment