Can’t expect building works to go entirely to plan
For a moment there I thought I was on a roll. The motorhome part is still awaited but the watering issue is resolved (or at least the time the watering was taking has been reduced), the scaffolding is up for the chimney to be repointed so S could stop going on about it falling on his side of the bed and I have sold both the nest of tables and a pair of loafers on eBay. Admittedly, the sales only amount to £25 but that’s two (arguably five!) things out of the house and £25 I didn’t have a week ago.
Additionally, I won £100 on the premium bonds. This brings my all time winnings on the premium bonds to £125. It is a spectacularly unimpressive return rate. It is, however, £100 I did not have last week so we will stick it in the positives pile!
As is the way with these things we then got a call from the Builder and he sent photos. It seems the chimney stack needs a bit more TLC than just pointing. By TLC I mean the pots and top 8 courses of bricks removing, those courses rebuilding and the pots re setting. It has now been taken down in line with that and he is coming back Monday to rebuild. Pros - it should be done well before we need to light a fire, cons - that’s going to be a bigger bill than originally anticipated. Still it clearly does need doing and now is its time.
Somehow I don’t think my newly acquired eBay and Premium Bond riches are going to make much difference!


Comments
Post a Comment