Motorhome stocks - the start!
We have been stocking the motorhome. Or rather we have been stacking things for the motorhome in boxes (crates) in the dining room. To stock the motorhome itself we do rather actually need to have taken possession of it. The part is still awaited! In itself that presents some concerns as to if, as and when, future parts might be needed. S, however, seems unconcerned, very much wants this particular motorhome and such matters fall under the blue job heading round here.
One way or another it will be sorted eventually and it will need stocking so we have bitten the bullet and are getting on with getting stuff together. The Vespa has had a little tlc and is booked in for its MoT. It could possibly do with a little more tlc paintwork wise. Let’s say being homed in the MiL’s garage when she drove her car through the central pillar and doors of the closed double garage the odd mark or two was caused to the doors, brick pillar, her car and the garage contents! This (Vespa paintwork) is not, however, pressing and we will need some alternative transport on our travels beyond the motorhome itself and cycles.
Two of us, heavier than we used to be, on a 50cc Vespa may prove interesting but we have this one and can consider a larger replacement over a little more time. There was some mumbling about a motorbike from S but I don’t do pillion. Somehow it doesn’t count on a Vespa/Scooter.
My list of motorhome stocks is still rather lengthy. S has one all of his own re blue stuff! There seems to be much talk on YouTube re payload which seems to be something I am supposed to be worrying about. It is a fairly sizeable motorhome and I suspect it may cope with the odd spare towel, extra set of bedding and a salad spinner.
I have invested in 2 new duvet covers and some new pillow cases. I say “invested”; I was shocked to see Dorma duvet covers displayed in locked cabinets at Dunelm. Since when did they become so expensive they needed to be stored in locked cabinets? I didn’t buy any out of the cabinet. It was too much like hard work finding some one to come and help or at least access them. I did find a couple that met my personal thread count expectations outside the locked cabinet. I’m not convinced by thread count but they will do nicely and I avoided trawling Dunelm looking for a shop assistant not otherwise occupied. I find the locked cabinets in some shops for red wine has a dissuading effect on my purchasing. Much like the duvet covers I am finding a way around that also.
We took possession of a Cadac gas BBQ last weekend. Decent deal from eBay and went over to Newark to collect it. Apple Maps took us an interesting route and there was a fair amount of mumbling from the driver’s seat about needing to get special motorhome sat nav as the route was unsuitable. We were in Dilys (a Fiat 500) at the time. The route was fine. Motorhome sat nav is a blue job.
The dining room is looking a little crowded, rain is forecast for the next few days and we have friends coming to supper on Saturday. May have to find a new (hopefully) temporary storage area!
Comments
Post a Comment