Seven pairs of jeans and a missing pair of flip flops

The wardrobe I thought was more or less sussed, at least for now ie pre retirement, is clearly not.


There is the raft of stuff belonging to pre Covid when 3 inch + heels, suits, Boden/Hobbs Phase Eight dresses went to the office and black tie dos, if not commonplace, actually happened.  Whilst trimmed back I can’t bring myself to jettison them all yet, possibly never, there must be some appropriate outing at some point in the future surely?  Possibly, well probably, not for the heels!  I’m cool with that.  It can all hang there until I am ready to accept or have conclusive evidence those days are never coming back.


At the other end of the spectrum I was sorting some summer casual holiday clothes.  Sneakers, espadrilles and the odd pair of sandals aside this seemed to comprise of a lot of linen.  All tops.  In my enthusiasm to get rid of linen trousers (save for that one pair to remind me not to buy linen trousers because after 5 minutes of wear I look like the iron has broken, I seem to have gone over board on tops.  Same issue applies!).  In getting rid of linen trousers I now seem to be a little short on holiday bottoms.  I probably missed this as I spend most of my life in jeans with the odd weekend foray into walking trousers.  On the wearable front I have one summer dress, 2 poolside cover ups, 3 pairs of shorts and then I am down to walking trousers and jeans.  Not sure how it came to this with so many clothes but it has.


The white tiered gypsy skirt and the pink denim skirt, neither of which are likely to get an outing outside of actual holiday and both of which need some alteration appeared to be viewing me reprovingly due to lack of alteration.  Much like the overlocker, still in its box, they remain on the ‘to do’ list and are unlikely to get off it anytime particularly soon.


It was round about this point that I stumbled across 7 pairs of jeans that I have never worn.  No idea where they have come from.  Well, 6 of them have very clearly come from eBay, they are makes (Fat Face, M&S and Joe Browns) and styles that I know I will wear (except obviously I haven’t) and that will fit  me so I am comfortable buying on line.  The seventh is from Primark and were bought circa 2016 as a replacement for a pair that I really liked.  They were beginning to look a bit washed out and I was concerned about the denim wearing thin. The originals reached a certain point at which they plateaued on the colour and wear front, possibly because I wore them less as it seems I have followed suit with the replacement pair.  


I suspect what has happened is that they made the drawer rather than the bag that gets dragged up and down the motorway with me and then more things made the drawer on top of them.  I have, however, had everything out of those drawers on a number of occasions and don’t quite know how they were overlooked or the 6 other pairs that are more recent come to that.


Possibly time to step away from eBay for a while as regards jeans!  


What I do remember buying after last year’s summer holiday was a new pair of flip flops.  They went on the Cars and Cathedrals Tour and when my friend and I stayed in London for Duran Duran at BST Hyde Park.  4 hotel swimming pools in total, didn’t swim once so they didn’t get used.   They have now disappeared.  I can’t find them anywhere.  I can only assume that they are somewhere safe possibly hiding out with the green cord Boden skirt and white M&S jeans that went awol 2-3 years ago.


I may have got overly smug about my wardrobe decluttering/management.  7 extra pairs of jeans, lack of holiday/hot weather bottoms, unaltered skirts and the loss of a pair of flip flops does not suggest a firm grip on one’s wardrobe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When others pass stress along, the answer is the vegetable garden

Sometimes life throws a curve ball

Senior Railcard, Twilight Bag Drop, Wetherspoons for Breakfast and Ben’s Buses